The Minerva Club is one of the oldest, continuously operating women's clubs in California. It was founded on October 5, 1894 by 25 pioneer women. In 1928, Julia Morgan (the architect of Hearst Castle) designed our clubhouse which was built on the corner of Boone and Lincoln. In 1984, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2007, the city of Santa Maria recognized it as a National Landmark.
Today, the Club holds two general meetings a month along with other events for our members. We continue to work for the community - an effort started in 1894 - by holding fundraisers for local charities and each year we award scholarships to deserving high school seniors. Some events are open to the public.
Club Motto: "Higher Knowledge and Better Morals"
Club Officers 2021-2022
Co-Presidents: Carol Clewell
Co-Vice Presidents: Kim Jeffers
Recording Secretary: Kay Marcum
Corresponding Secretary: Robin Hanshaw
Membership Secretary: Dottie Lyons
Treasurer: Barbara Steveson
Parliamentarian: Christel Kurth
Judy Van Sant